- Sleep Aids
- Sleep Disorders
- What Is Insomnia
Help for Insomnia and Sleep Disturbance
Overstuffed body pillows may be comfy, but they have a lot more going for them than sheer hug-ability when it comes to sound sleep. Sleep disruptions and insomnia can stem from a huge array of factors. Physical pain, such as that associated with a medical disorder, PMS, pregnancy, restless legs syndrome, fibromyalgia and more, can make it difficult to go to sleep, stay asleep and otherwise get a solid night’s sleep on a consistent basis. Ever tried stuffing extra pillows under your knees or hugging a spare pillow for additional comfort and support? This is essentially what a body pillow does but on a bigger scale.
Body pillows have been purported to help you sleep better by doing this:
- Relieve leg, hip and shoulder strain
- Relieve spinal strain
- Allow you to sleep in more therapeutic positions
- Support your neck
- Allow muscles to relax more completely, increasing circulation.
Additional features include:
- Shapes range from body-length over-filled pillow to C-shaped and candy-cane shapes that support your body all over
- Hypoallergenic fill, covers, and anti-allergen materials free from dyes
- Fillers, such as natural down and feather, buckwheat, organic fiber-fills, synthetic fiber fills
- Foams including traditional and memory foam
- Additional materials that promote sleep, such as aromatic herbs
Special Body Pillows
Some sleepers suffer temporary insomnia and temporary discomfort, which indicates the need for a body pillow. Pregnancy makes for particularly challenging sleep and a whole market for pregnancy body pillows has been born. Maternity pillows fall into the more C-shaped or loopy styles and provide an allover benefit: support for legs and hips, lower back, belly, arms and shoulders, and head and neck.
Heated and Massage Body Pillows
Some manufacturers have gotten savvy with the features and loaded ultra-comfy body pillows with heating coils or gentle massage mechanisms. Heated pillows help give you extra warmth if you occasionally wake up cold or have problems with cold feet. And massage pillows provide gently vibration that can soothe you to sleep and help sore and tight muscles relax.
Additional Materials, Aromatic Herbs, Body Pillow, Buckwheat, Candy Cane, Consistent Basis, Foams, Gentle Massage, Heating Coils, Massage Body, Maternity Pillows, Medical Disorder, Memory Foam, Pregnancy Body Pillows, Pregnancy Pillows, Restless Legs, Restless Legs Syndrome, Shoulder Strain, Sleep Disruptions, Sleep Disturbance, Sleep Sleep, Synthetic Fiber